WAI Operations Manager
Are you an experienced and innovative manager looking to make a positive and enduring contribution to your community, the team of inspirational people that you work with and to the environment?
We are a charitable trust whose purpose is to accelerate local action for our fresh water. We are working together to empower communities to understand their water, their environment, and their impact so that we can achieve our common goals for healthy ecosystems and community wellbeing for future generations.
Description of Role
Based in Wānaka and reporting to the Board of Trustees, this is a new position currently funded through to March 2024.
You will be part of the WAI leadership team – working collaboratively with our Programmes Manager and Partnerships & Resources Manager, providing inspired leadership, developing strategy and aligning operations and people to deliver action across our environmental programmes.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Assisting with the development of strategies and the implementation of agreed priorities.
- Ensuring smooth and efficient operations while remaining agile to opportunity.
- Facilitating process innovation and streamlining operational policies, procedures and practices.
- Fostering a purposeful culture that aligns with our values and beliefs.
- Developing and supporting staff to grow and perform effectively in their roles.
- Creating cross-functional partnerships, alignment and accountability between people, processes, systems, and strategies.
- Development and management of operational plans and budgets.
- You are a great communicator and strong people manager with 5 years+ proven success in delivering on strategy, organisational objectives and principles.
- You are driven to create positive change for our community and the environment.
- You are innovative and adaptable – demonstrating entrepreneurship in your approach and thinking.
- You easily develop and leverage relationships both internally and externally to inspire action and achieve results.
- You are comfortable juggling multiple priorities.
If you would like to know more about WAI Wānaka, our environmental programmes, the incredible mahi that we are doing and the amazing team that you could be a part of, please check out our website. For further details or questions about this job email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday 29th April 2022.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
by Friday 29th April 2022